Xiaomi has announced that its eagerly-awaited Redmi 2 smartphone will soon be available in the Philippines. Priced at ₱5,999, the Redmi 2 will first go on sale on April 28.
Feature-packed but still affordable, the Redmi 2 brings a powerful smartphone experience closer to more people.
Here are some of the features that Mi Fans can expect from the Redmi 2:
• 4.7” display similar to the Redmi 1S, but thinner at 9.4mm and lighter at 133g
• 4G dual SIM and dual standby capability
• Fast and fluid performance even under heavy use, with a Quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 1GB RAM and 8GB Flash (expandable to 32GB)
• Gorgeous 4.7” 1280 x 720 HD screen (312 PPI), protected by AGC Dragontrail glass
• Sharp and clear 8MP BSI f/2.2 rear camera and a 2MP BSI front camera with 720p video recording
• Long battery life made possible by a 2200mAh battery
• OTG support to transfer files quickly and connect peripherals
• A soft-touch matte back cover that is fingerprint and grease-resistant
• MIUI 6 that enables new functions, shortcuts, customizations and animations
How to order:
To purchase the device, users should visit Mi.com/ph, where they can find a direct link to the Redmi 2 product page of its selling partner Lazada, and choose from among 4 modes of payment: cash on delivery, credit card (Visa/Mastercard), MegaLink and Paypal. Their devices will be delivered for free within 1-5 working days for Metro Manila and 5-10 working days for orders outside Metro Manila. In addition, users can also enjoy Xiaomi’s world-class after-sales service and support, so they can always get the best experience from their Mi smartphones.