The next-generation IMAX with Laser launched on at Evia Lifestyle Mall in Vista City Alabang, marking the premium technology’s debut in Southeast Asia.
Offering the world’s most immersive cinematic experience yet, IMAX with Laser provides sharper images, increased brightness, and greater contrast levels. Its unparalleled range of colors results in richer, more vibrant images onscreen. Pushing the boundaries further, its 12-channel sound system offers greater dynamic range and precision.
Designed from the ground up exclusively for IMAX screens, IMAX with Laser utilizes a next-generation 4K laser projection system with a new optical engine and a suite of propriety IMAX technologies. The 12-channel sound system has new side and overhead channels for the ultimate in audio immersion. With its state-of-the-art technology, IMAX with Laser seamlessly transports moviegoers into today’s biggest blockbusters.
The new experience also features IMAX’s 12-channel sound technology with new side and overheard channels that deliver greater dynamic range and precision for the ultimate in audio immersion.
• Sharpness: Experience incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer, and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
• Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
• Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
• Color: The widest range of colors available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper, and richer colors in IMAX than ever before.
• Sound: Whether it’s a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX’s next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound they can feel.
During its launch, John Schreiner, senior vice president for Theatre Development of IMAX technology, mentioned that they have completely redesigned the way light goes through the projection system, thus giving the audience a whole new world of experience to be immersed in the movies. Owner and founder of the Villar Group of Companies Manny B. Villar also graced the event.