AfterShokz, a bone conduction headphone brand that features an OpenFit design, is now in the Philippines. These wireless, open-ear sport headphones are made to ensure the safety of active users like runners, cyclists, hikers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. They’re also designed to deliver comfort and situational awareness without compromising sound.
Using bone conduction technology, AfterShokz headphones transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. You place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears, and leave your ear canals open. This allows you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds while you enjoy your music. With Bluetooth connectivity, these headphones free you from a tangle wires and let you make and receive phone calls.
There are two models available now. One is the AfterShokz Trekz Titanium (P5,690), which has a titanium frame. It’s an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility.
Another is the AfterShokz Trekz Air (P8,590), which promises comfort and sound quality at the same time. Inspired by the demands of elite and aspiring athletes, the Trekz Air is 20 percent lighter than Trekz Titanium, weighing just 1.06oz.
Both headphones feature:
- OpenFit – Uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort tie up in this open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you—vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day. Its full titanium wraparound design provides flexibility, a secure fit, and comfort.
- PremiumPitch+ Sound – Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+ technology optimizes the sound and includes additional features like LeakSlayer technology, which ensures music is directed exactly where it should be.
- Sweat-resistant – Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather, AfterShokz headphones are IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture, and dust.
- Six hours of music and calls – A single charge will deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge these fully in one and a half hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
- Noise-canceling mics – Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
- Voice prompts – Audrey Says seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play, talk, and everything in between.