To those who still want to showcase their aerial creativity to a wider audience and amaze the world with stunning videos, the 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest is still open for entry submissions. Skypixel is considered the most popular aerial photography community run in cooperation with DJI. So far, 700 entries have been submitted from participants in 45 countries.
With the best works of the year, SkyPixel and DJI have chosen participants’ perspectives of the world in three major categories: Nature, City, and Sport.
To see the awesome and breathtaking footage, visit the 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest Highlights Page.
If you also want to have your video showcased, the deadline for the submissions will be August 2nd. Even if you’re still new to using drones, a professional videographer, or simply just want other people to see your creativity for aerial videos, the international contest is open for anyone in the world to enter.
Taking your videos from any aerial platform is welcome but your submission should not be longer than five minutes and should include at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.
Contest participants can submit their work in the following categories:
- Nature: Tell a story with landscape shots, revealing the deep secrets of Mother Nature from above.
- City: Catch your city’s unique character and show the places people know and love from a whole new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their dreams.
Out of all the entries, there will only be One Grand Prize Winner who will receive a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, Nikon D750 Body + 24-70 mm VR 2.8 Lens, Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch, LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive, an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses, and a Tourism Australia Travel Package. Among other prizes are the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, and DJI Spark.
To the top ten most liked videos, SkyPixel will also give out a People’s Choice Prize.
Winners will receive a DJI Osmo Mobile, LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Hard Drive, Suunto Traverse Alpha Black Watch, and a pair of Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses. The cut-off time for voting is August 2, 14:00, China Standard Time.
To shortlist the winners, the panel of judges will include renowned videographers and influencers. The panel includes:
- Phil Pastuhov, aerial director of photography with credits including The Lord of The Rings trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Director and screenwriter of several Chinese blockbusters Ning Hao whose breakout film Crazy Stone (2006) was also awarded a Golden Horse Award for Best Original Screenplay
- One of the youngest feature film aerial director of photography Ryan Hosking. His film credits include The Revenant, American Sniper, The Nice Guys, and CHiPS
- 10-time Emmy award-winning Director of Photography Filipe DeAndrade who’s also the wildlife ambassador for National Geographic and Nat Geo WILD
- Robin Mahieux, director whose creative projects include Chanel, Redbull, Sony, AIA, Cartier, Air China, Porsche, and Jaguar
- TV producer, director, pilot, and commercial drone pilot David Etienne
- Renowned photographer and filmmaker Andy Best
- Multimedia Editor at TIME and professor at the International Center of Photography Josh Raab
- Digital Director for Condé Nast Traveler Brad Rickman
The contest deadline is on August 2, 2017, 14:00 CST and the awarding will be on August 31, 2017, CST.