We dive into many different things for ICYME so we don’t want to keep you here for long. Read away!
- Watch your car remotely with BMW’s new tech. Giving us all a peek at the new 5 Series, BMW turns our eyes (or smartphones) to the new surveillance tech called Remote View 3D. This gives you a top view of your vehicle streaming right from your smartphone. It’ll make it easier to watch your car when parked in unsavory area and perhaps to park your car remotely, too.
- Iron Man is now Ironheart. We reported a while back that Tony Stark will be passing the baton to 15-year-old Riri Williams. But, for obvious reasons, it would be strange for her to keep carrying the Iron Man name. That’s why Iron Man will now be known as Ironheart, which will be delved deeper into starting this fall’s Invincible Iron Man #1 comic.
- Apple Music Festival turns 10. Many of today’s biggest stars will be celebrating the 10th year of the Apple Music Festival. The event, which spans September 18 to 30, will feature performances from the likes of Britney Spears, The 1975, Alicia Keys, Calvin Harris, Bastille, and Elton John. You can check out the performance dates here. And while you may or may not make it to The Roundhouse in London, the good thing is Apple streams this festival online.
- Will you buy a refurbished Samsung flagship? Rumors have surfaced that Samsung might be thinking of starting a re-sale program for refurbished higher-end devices. The phones will supposedly be coming from the upgrade programs in markets like the US and South Korea. The phones will then be sold at a lower price. If Samsung pushes through with this plan and it makes its way here, is this something that’ll interest you?
- Geek mania lands in the Philippines. If you’re reading this and you haven’t heard of it yet, you missed it! The AsiaPOP Comic Con was held last weekend. Among others, we were graced by the presence of Millie Bobby Brown and Nicholas Hoult. Beyond the Box also launched a collaboration comic book between Harvey Tolibao, Mervin Malonzo, and Manix Abrera.
- This is the last stop on the hype train. The gaming world of the past few weeks has been all about No Man’s Sky and Pokemon GO. Sadly, as with most hype trains, everyone’s getting down. Pokemon GO is still going strong, but player numbers are steadily going down due to the lack of content. Until Niantic releases updates, Pokemon GO is on a plateau. No Man’s Sky is an altogether different story. After just a few weeks of release, huge numbers are already cashing back their copies for a refund due to bugs and missing content. Hello Games has been silent on the issue, but this does not bode well for the hyped game.