Freelancer.com reinforces its global reach by hosting an Internet Scavenger Hunt for its nearly 20 million users, letting troops of thousands of people to complete over a hundred fun and cryptic challenges around the world, record viral videos about it, and win a total of US $30,000 in prizes.
From testing their skills in competing with an Olympian, to reviving the glory days of flash mobs, to cracking strange and mysterious tasks with the use of their creativity, imagination and sheer nuttiness, thousands of people worldwide are expected to form teams and sign up to take on the list of challenges. In a similar competition in 2014, the Freelancer.com Scavenger Hunt engaged over 50,000 people, with nearly 20,000 submissions worldwide.
The campaign officially launched on July 5, 2016, and registrations are open to everyone around the world. At this stage, the teams can already win up to US$3,000 in prizes with 5 optional registration tasks to be completed. The full list of 100+ challenges will be released on Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 00:00 AM EST. The Freelancer.com Scavenger Hunt 2016 will end on August 8, 2016, 00:00 AM EST. The Grand Prize of US$15,000 will be awarded to the team with most points. Teams can also win in the Paparazzi, Freelancer Fan, Video Superstar, Media Geek, Social Royalty categories, and many more, with a total of US$30,000 in prizes.
Freelancer.com CEO Matt Barrie says, “We want to give back to our community the Freelancer way—with a global impact of our nearly 20 million users worldwide. Scavenger Hunt 2016 allows us to have a fun engagement with our community and them with each other, while the challenges were also designed to be creative outlets for our immensely talented user base, and to work together as a team.”
You can check out the video compilation of the previous Scavenger Hunt here.
The Internet Scavenger Hunt is open to everyone – all they have to do is form a team and register. Teams are to complete over 100 crazy and cryptic challenges like:
- Flash mob Michael Jackson’s Thriller in the deli section of a supermarket. Thriller in the Chiller dressed as Gorillas fighting Godzilla in Manilla with Vanilla (Ice) — requiring a video of the teams doing a Michael Jackson Thriller flash mob
- Get a sample of Elon’s Musk — trying to capture a whiff of Tesla Motors’ founder and CEO – literally
- Hello from the other side — inviting scavengers to recreate the famous Adele song from different sides of the globe
- Are you a Rio 2016 material? Compete with an Olympian. Bonus points if you win! — challenging teams to compete in their own version of The Olympics
- Let’s go for a drive around the city. Adele, Biebs, J.Lo, or Red Hot Chili – who will be taking their turn in your car, the late late show style? Bonus points if you stop over for a celebrity — Freelancer Scavenger Hunt’s unique version of James Corden’s hilarious ‘Carpool Karaoke’
Completing a challenge allows teams to collect points towards the Grand Prize of US$15,000 or qualify for other prizes.
Registration is open until July 18, 2016, 11:59PM EST. The list of challenges will be available to all teams on July 19, 2016, 12 AM EST.