If you need your speakers to be loud, the Braven 850 will fill that need. And, yes, you can talk back to it as well. Now, that’s something worth giving a listen to.
- The brushed aluminum exterior lets you know that this is no low-end market gadget. It was meant to sit side-by-side with the more expensive Mac Pros, for instance. The sleek silver skin even matches the iPad’s own chassis.
- You don’t need to fish your phone out of your pocket or briefcase with the Braven 850. The wireless speakers function as a speakerphone as well.
- Although impractical as a portable speaker, it can perform suitably as a bookshelf speaker. Particularly, when you wirelessly pair it with another 850.
- Solid construction makes the Braven 850 deliver stronger bass at very high volume without rattling or shaking. And 20 watts of power means it can be very, very loud.
- It will happily blast away for 20 hours. Longer if you are kinder to your ears and your neighbors.
- A large internal battery means you can charge your other USB powered devices off of the Braven 850. We especially like the battery check light that lets us know how much juice is left. The feature is apparently an homage to the MacBooks.
If you simply won’t compromise on quality and performance, the Braven 850 wireless speaker is a must have.
Stereo output: 20 watts (max)
Dimensions: 9.5 x 2.75 x 4 inches (24cmx7cmx10.1cm), 1.52kg
Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB
I/O port: AUX
Battery: 8800mAh internal battery, 20-hour play time, battery check light
Other features: Noise-cancelling microphone, aptX codec, SRS WOW HD technology